Have you ever noticed that if you ask anyone what they want, they will tell you a list of things they don’t want? Isn’t that fascinating? Many people complain that they don’t get what they want but the truth is they don’t really know what they want. How about you, do you know what you want? In relation to your health, life, business, family, relationship, growth, passions? Do you know your dreams, places you want to visit, people you want to meet, experiences you want to be a part of, things you want to have? And I mean, do you really know them? Do you have a Bucket list?
The end of the year is great time to reflect on the passing year.
Whether it was a good year or whether it could have been better, whether you gave it all you’ve got, whether you’ve achieved all you wanted, whether you reached your goals? But to do so, first you need to know what those goals have been. Did you set up any for 2017? If not, how come will you know whether you’ve achieved them?
Few years ago, together with my hubby, we started our personal development journey. Since then we’ve been reading tons of books, going to seminars, working with coaches and we can say that our life got transformed, for the better. We’re still doing so.
One of the things we implemented was to go away for a few days end of December to reflect on the passing year and set up goals for the next one. This is also our quality time as a family. I love this and each year I’m looking forward to this.
After setting up yearly goals we create a vision board – with pictures that are visual representation of what we want and plan to achieve. This is displayed in our bedroom, so we can see it daily. I cannot stress enough how much more we managed to achieve since we implemented this whole process. Setting up intention of what you want is crucial to achieve it.
Dreams don’t come true, we make our dreams come true
So, if you’re ready to bring more of what you want into your life, spend some time before year end and plan on how to make 2018 incredible. You are worth it.
Follow these steps:
1. Set up goals for the next year
- decide on what you want in all areas of your life: health, sport, family and friends, intimate relationship, work/career, finances, growth, contribution, pleasure/leisure, fun/social life.
- Make sure your goals are SMART
Specific – what exactly you want
Measurable – how you will know you’ve achieved i
Attainable – within your reach
Relevant – worthwhile for you right now
Time framed – what is the deadline to reach it
Example of a Smart goal: “By the end of April I will lose 6 kg to look amazing in bikini when I walk on the beach of Majorca”
2. Write your goals down
3. Create a vision board – cut pictures from magazines/internet, make it bright and beautiful (doing this is so much fun)
4. Display vision board in a place that you can see it every day (set it up on your mobile too)
5. Every quarter check where you are with your goals, whether they need refining, updating
6. At the end of the year reflect on your goals, check what you managed to accomplish
7. Celebrate !!! small wins are to be celebrated too!!
8. Set up goals for next year… and the story starts all over again 🙂
So Now… Open your calendar and SCHEDULE the time when you’re going to do so. What gets scheduled gets done. Allow yourself enough time.
Enjoy the process and MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Wishing you all the success in New Year, YOU deserve this.